Monday, July 27, 2009

Butt Lover's BBQ takes Reserve Grand at the Art of BBQ!

I was very surprised at the awards ceremony when our name was called for 5th place pork. I was even more surprised when our brisket was called for 1st place. I was in such shock that I wasn't even paying attention when Butt Lover's was called for Reserve Grand Champion(2nd place overall out of 68 teams). It was a very hot two days and I was very disappointed with our turn ins. The pork was good but the brisket was no where near our normal product! I owe a big thanks to my friend Curt, from The Q Joint team for filling in for Marr on Saturday. His team was not competing that weekend and came out and was a big help. This was a very tough field with some of the best teams in the country competing, so it was a huge success for us and we hope to build on it when the second leg of our season begins in late August.

1 comment: